Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Happy Mother's Day- Part Two

Since I'm all alone right now I have allowed my thoughts to wander.. all I can think about is my mother. I would like to make public how amazing my mother is to me.

My mom has always been my very best friend in whom I can go to about anything. After I got married things were a little awkward since I was now "allowed" to talk about other things.. you catch my drift.. but no matter how awkward things seemed, I had to talk to my mom. Because I tell her everything. And the awkward stage is over now- for me anyways. :)

She has taught me to "know with my knower" and how to stand up for what I believe in. If I ever have a spiritual question, I know that the best advice cannot come from man, but God alone. I have learned to find God for myself, as well as my own personal convictions. Man cannot tell me how to serve my God.

She has taught me confidence and back bone without being over cocky.

She has taught me to love myself for who I am- without being (too) vain or prideful. :)

She has taught me how to be a submissive wife- as well as how to be my own person.

I am who I am today because of my mother. I am so thankful for my mom and everything that she does. I know there are times when she doesn't feel appreciated, and it hurts me because I know what all she does to make us happy- even me, and I'm thousands of miles away now.

I can honestly say that I have the perfect mother. She is this generation's virtuous woman. She was always there with a hug or cuddle, she made the best "sick soup" whenever we were under the weather, she would be with us for hours in the middle of the night rubbing our feet when we had growing pains, she always encouraged us, laughed at our jokes, and watched endless episodes of Spongebob. My parents led family devotions every morning and we always had a prayer afterward that was so peaceful and sincere. My mother opened her house to many people to stay (or live!) for however long. She always prayed for us kids if we had a problem- even if she didn't have the answer we knew we'd find it together with the help of the Lord. The list can go on for miles.. I have the perfect mother. You can't touch her. :)

I am so thankful I have the relationship that I do with my mom. I can't imagine it any other way. I hope and pray I have the same relationship with my own daughter.

So Mom, if you're reading this with a box of tissues, I love you.. thank you for everything that you do.. and thank you for being down right amazing.♥

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Grace... I think you might have gone a little overboard. I am thankful that God blessed me with such great kids... You have been my medicine when things have been at their worst. I have loved every moment with all of you kids, even in the bad times. I love you Grace. You are going to be a great Mom. Be consistent and firm and loving... And most of all... Don't spare the rod. And you were right... I DID need a box of Kleenex :-)

    ReplyDelete

Did this post make you :-) or warm your ♥? Did the ♫♪♫ make you wanna boogie? If so, please let us know by giving feedback! We really appreciate it.