Tuesday, September 2, 2014

My Life in Black and White: My Husband

The rainbow is composed of millions of colors, but we have grouped them into seven general categories. Red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, and violet. We live in a breathtaking world full of color! But sometimes you just need to look at pictures in black and white.

I am not a photographer by any means. I don't pretend to be. I know my pictures don't look that great, but I love taking pictures of the ones I love and sharing my memories with you.

One of the things that I love about Paul is his love for music. I totally fell in love with the guy who played the guitar! Before we were married, or even dating for that matter, we went to BTI (Bible Training Institute) and a ton of the youth ended up hanging out playing video games -- except Paul. I found him in a corner playing his guitar singing his heart out. Of course I was interested since I come from a musical family. I knew this was my kind of guy.


We have been married for nearly 7 years now. We both have changed and grown up . . . I guess you could say. Paul has been busy going to college, working hard at his job, getting promotions, changing jobs, training for this new job sometimes feels like he is going through college again. I have been busy having babies. Four babies in four years is a lot of work! I have worked part-time jobs from home here and there, I have been trying to find my inner Martha Stewart when it comes to keeping a house and cooking meals. I feel like we are just running right now. We're so busy and on the go 24/7.

Yesterday we did something different. We pressed the "pause button." Paul got out his trusty guitar and started to play . . . 

I couldn't help but take a picture. To me, watching Paul play the guitar and sing is beautiful. I love to hear him sing -- especially when he is worshiping the Lord. He is so passionate when it comes to God.

When he was strumming on his guitar I had flashbacks of who we were before we had kids, before we were married. While he was singing the song he wrote for me as an anniversary present 5 years ago, I couldn't help but laugh and ask him if he still felt that way as kids were tugging on my shirt and crying about being hungry while I was trying to set the table. Life changes so much, doesn't it?

One thing that doesn't change is my love for Paul. He is my best friend. When I get overwhelmed, he is there to pray for me and encourage me. He makes me laugh. He makes me mad. He makes me shake my head. He makes my heart feel like it will burst. He makes me happy. I'm so glad he is mine!

1 comment:

Did this post make you :-) or warm your ♥? Did the ♫♪♫ make you wanna boogie? If so, please let us know by giving feedback! We really appreciate it.