Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Date Night




Date nights are pretty rare around here.  Especially now that Paul work 12 hours shifts Monday - Saturday.

So last night I lit some candles.

Zoe and I cleaned the house.

Music was playing softly in the background.

Dinner was ready and waiting.

His girls smelled pretty in their favorite perfumes.

We watched a movie that HE was interested in.

We enjoyed a piece of chocolate silk cheesecake together.

In-Home Date Night was all about Paul!  I wanted him to be able to unwind and really enjoy his family.  While I was getting the kids' plates ready I watched/listened to him wrestle with Zoe and Max.  I should have taken a video or picture!  I will never forget how happy they all looked, though.  I love moments like that!

After Paul left for work this morning I stumbled to the bathroom...that is when I found this note on the bathroom mirror.  It warmed my heart!  It made my day.

1 comment:

  1. Those "love is" cartoon people are still around??? Who knew? They were the popular thing 40 years ago, back when Uncle Steve and I started dating. I haven't seen them in years. I recognize the font on the "love is" and the couple in the cartoon frame haven't aged like Uncle Steve and I have! No fair. ;-)
    Love you, Gracie. I'm praying for the new baby and an easy delivery . . . once your Mom arrives.

    ReplyDelete

Did this post make you :-) or warm your ♥? Did the ♫♪♫ make you wanna boogie? If so, please let us know by giving feedback! We really appreciate it.