Friday, September 17, 2010

Where to begin?

It seems like it has been so long since I've posted I don't know where to begin!  This past week has seemed a little crazy- some good.. and some not so good..

But we are going to reflect on the good because in the end- that's all that matters!

On Wednesday I had our first Tabitha Society service.  For those of you who don't know what that is, and I'm sure there's more who don't than do, Tabitha Society is a group for women to make crafts and volunteer around the community.  In previous Tabitha Societies that I have been in we have made quilts, raised money for less fortunate, sent care packages to orphanages in other countries, etc.  I am really excited for what we're going to do!  Our first task will be to make scrapbook Christmas cards for the senior citizens who are in the care center.  I'm anxious for the blessings God will bestow on all of us ladies.

On Thursday I was able to get most of the laundry done.  As you can see in this picture, my folding buddy was slacking on the job..


Isn't she just the cutest?  We had a WIC appointment today and she is 11.4 lbs and 21 inches long!  The lady said they hope for that at 3 months- and Zoe isn't even 2 months yet!  That's my girl!  She is so good.  I'm so thankful for a healthy baby.

While she had her morning nap I got my kitchen and bathroom CLEAN!  Wow!  I was amazed at the oomph I had to get it done, and that I was able to get it done!  Thanks Zoebelle!  When she did wake up I "wore" her while making pasta salad.  It was fun.

Speaking of baby wearing, I recently read this article and felt like sharing.

The practice of wearing your baby close to your body in a soft carrier is known as babywearing. Parents who wear their babies report happier babies and tidier houses, because their babies are soothed and they have two free hands to get things done. Here are four reasons to wear your baby:
  1. Less crying. A scientific study of almost 100 mom-baby pairs found that babies who spent more time in carriers cried 43% less than babies who spent more time out-of-arms.
  2. More learning. While the caregiver is bustling about, the baby is busy absorbing and learning from his ever-changing environment. The baby sees, hears, and smells the world, and experiences the caregiver's reactions to it. All this stimulation helps the brain develop.
  3. More comforting. The heartbeat, motion, breathing rhythms, and voice of the caregiver all remind baby of life inside the womb.
  4. Stronger attachment. In an experimental study at Columbia University, more babies who were worn by their mothers in soft baby carriers developed secure attachments to their mothers than babies who were carried in infant seats.

I have noticed that Zoe doesn't like it all the time, but it does help sometimes, and I get things done if she's awake and just wants to be held.. and I can't stand to hear her cry. :)

Well, there you go!  Until the next time I write..

2 comments:

  1. I always wanted to use my snuggle thing... But when I had twins, that did not work :( Glad she likes it even if it's just sometimes! That has to help!~ Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes.. babywearing would not work for twins. :(

    ReplyDelete

Did this post make you :-) or warm your ♥? Did the ♫♪♫ make you wanna boogie? If so, please let us know by giving feedback! We really appreciate it.