Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Surprise!

I can finally let you in on my little secret.. :)  Paul and I got up at 4:00 a.m. to get to Great Falls in time to make the first flight out to Phoenix.  After a "pit stop" in Seattle and barely making it on the flight (flying standby is always fun, huh?) we made it to Phoenix by 1:00 p.m.

The only ones who knew we were flying to Phoenix were Jacob, Philip, and Grandma Lucy.  Grandma Lucy picked us up from the airport and drove us to my parent's house.  When we got there, I made sure to get the video camera ready and I rang the doorbell.  It was great fun surprising my Mom and the kids!  After the screams, tears, and I-can't-believe-you're-here died down we explained that we were here to help celebrate their 25th wedding anniversary.

Dad came home a couple hours later, and I made sure to have the video camera ready for him too!  I just love that I was able to keep this a surprise for so long!

Though it was difficult for Mom and Dad to leave for their mini vacation, it did make them feel better knowing they had a baby-sitter for the kids. :)  They will come home tomorrow sometime and then we'll all go to a nice dinner together to celebrate on their actual day.

The reason I wanted to wait till Monday evening to write about our events is because Family Night was tonight and Grandma Bunny didn't know we were coming.  If I were to spill the beans on this here blog, my faithful blog reader would know and it would spoil the surprise.

So Family Night was tonight and we got to see Grandma Bunny, Thom, Lillian, Maryanne, and Steven.  It was great fun to see their surprised faces- I just wish I could have videoed it like I did my family.  The shocked looks and the double takes were priceless!

It was great fun to see family and spend time with Grandma Bunny.  I enjoyed dinner, Wheel of Fortune, and our Shirley Temple movie. :)

We have been here since Saturday and it has been great fun.  It has been relaxing to be with my family again.  Though going home will be sad, I will get to see them in just 2 months as we say hello to our beautiful baby girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did this post make you :-) or warm your ♥? Did the ♫♪♫ make you wanna boogie? If so, please let us know by giving feedback! We really appreciate it.